Care and Handling of Goat Cheese
- Unpack your goat cheese and refrigerate immediately until ready to serve.
- Goat cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks. Belle Chevre
guarantees the freshness of unflavored logs for up to 3 months; the herbed
logs and Fromage blanc will keep nicely for up to 2 weeks. Fromage
Blanc and Confetti Chevre can be frozen beautifully.
- When goat cheese begins to get old you can lengthen its shelf life by placing
it in a small bowl and covering it with a few tablespoons of olive oil. The
oil will keep it moist and fresh as well as add an interesting flavor to
- Goat cheese prefers a medium-cold, and relatively humid home so it is
best to store it in the vegetable crisper area of the refrigerator.
- Always serve goat cheese at room temperature. Bring it out of the
refrigerator for at least 1 and up to 3 hours before serving.
Remember goat cheese is great at almost any time of day and goes well in so
many recipes making the simplest foods spectacular. For questions, suggestions
or recipes please don’t hesitate to call us! 800-735-2238 or send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org